Pages

Monday, April 21, 2014

If a tree falls in the woods and no one is there to see it, did it make a noise?

The answer is yes. The tree did make a noise and this lady's outfit did in fact exist even though there is no photo evidence.

So there I was at the office just minding my own business, directing the usual customer traffic, when there I saw it. It was like seeing a unicorn from the story books except she was a magical creature whose identity was textbook "what not to wear".

I didn't want to stare and scare her off; I peered from my peripherals, examining intensely, wishing I had my cell phone.

Where to begin. Her feet were snug in her light grey Crocs, bedazzled with charms (the most noticeable one was a monkey). Peering through the cracks of her Crocs (say that ten times fast) and from under her flood pant/mom jeans, glowed her rainbow striped socks. Rainbow. Striped. Socks. She wore a dull, yellow Ralph Lauren sweater and had a brightly patterned floral Vera Bradley backpack that hung off one shoulder.

The magical creature danced off out of the store, hopefully never to be seen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment