Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

Blending In....



Let's set the scene, shall we? Date: National Margarita Day (aka Feb. 22) Time: Half Past Tipsy (about 10pm) Location: Random Mexican Restaurant with sketchy bar in the basement (but serves fabulous margaritas and chips btw).

So there I am at the bar with my girlfriends chatting, sipping, crunching, shmoozing, the whole deal. I'm literally wearing a beanie, skinny jeans, casual t-shirt and wedges....super casual (and adorable if I might add). So down the creeky, windy, Mexican tiled staircase comes suburban Cinderella. She wore a white lace, knee length dress, a white fur shrug, brown cowboy boots, gold disk earrings and a sock bun...and a cute watch...forget the watch. Honestly, I felt bad. Maybe she had come from somewhere and wanted to stop in for a last second National Margarita Day drink? But it was only 10pm...But why was her friend so casual? WHY is she wearing all white? ...The only events that are socially acceptable to wear all white to are 1. Your Wedding Day 2. Sorority Initiation. People were staring, she was clearly uncomfortable, we were all uncomfortable. I need answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment